On October 21st, 2006, during a parish retreat a consecrated host that was about to be distributed effused a red substance. The sister suddenly looked at Father Leopodlo with tears in her eyes: the Host appeared to start bleeding.
Alejo Zavala Castro, the Bishop of the Diocese immediately convened a Theological Commission of investigation and invited Doctor Ricardo Castanon Gomez to lead a team in investigating and verifying the event. Resarch completed between October 2009 and October 2012 came to the following conclusions:
1. The reddish substance analyzed corresponds to blood in which there are hemoglobin and DNA of human origin.
2. Two studies conducted by eminent forensic experts with different methodologies have shown that the substance originates from the interior, excluding the hypothesis that someone could have placed it from the exterior.
3. The blood type is AB, similar to the one found in the Host of Lanciano and in the Holy Shroud of Turin.
4. A microscopic analysis of magnification and penetration reveals that the superior part of the blood has been coagulated since October 2006. Moreover, the underlying internal layers reveal, in February 2010, the presence of fresh blood.
5. They also found intact white blood cells, red blood cells, and active macrophages that engulf lipids. The tissue in question appears lacerated and with recovery mechanisms, exactly as occurs in a living tissue.
6. A further histopathological analysis determines the presence of protein structures in a state of deterioration, suggesting mesenchymal cells, very specialized cells, characterized by an elevated bio - physiological dynamism.
7. The immunohistochemical studies reveal that the tissue found corresponds to the muscle of the heart (Myocardium). On account of the scientific results and the conclusions reached by the theological committee, last October 12 the Bishop of Chilpancingo, his Eminence Alejo Zavala Castro, announced the following:
- The event does not have a natural explanation. - It does not have paranormal origin. - It is not traceable to manipulation of the enemy.